DD Payroll – Meet Avtar Raju
Who will support you?
My name is Avtar Raju and I’m the Services Manager here at DD Payroll.
My friendly team here have been specifically created to help with all Payroll needs for recipients of direct payments and individual budgets- those employing carers or personal assistants to support independent living.
We are dynamic Payroll service company devoted to making life easier for employers across the United Kingdom. We specialise in employing personal support and understand the needs of our clients more than any other UK payroll provider.
Employing someone in your home does come with a set of responsibilities, Which DD Payroll has over 10 years of experience with and it’s our job to relieve you of the worries that come with being an employer, so you can concentrate on achieving the quality of life you are hoping for.
As an employee, what are my responsibilities?
A number of responsibilities are deemed as essential when employing someone as a carer.
- Employees should, within two months from the start of their employment, be given a contract of employment.
- A payslip must be issued each time you pay your employee
- As an employer, you must ensure that your employees are paid at least the National Minimum Wage. You can of course pay above that amount depending on your available funding.
- It is essential to set up a PAYE Scheme with HMRC ensuring that the correct deductions for Tax and National Insurance are made from your employees’ Gross Pay and that these deductions along with any employers National Insurance contributions are paid on time and in full to HMRC. In addition, you must notify HMRC if your employees didn’t work during any tax periods to avoid fines or penalties for Real Time Reporting.
- All employers by law must have employer’s liability insurance cover of at least £5 million.
- An employer will need a basic knowledge of employment law and statutory entitlements and have a good understanding of these.
DD Payroll can do all of this for you.