We are at Old Basford Communty Centre
Bramble Close, Nottingham
(behind the Horse and Jockey pub)
0115 978 50 95
Closing date 23rd June
Recruiting for: Full time (37hrs) Community Development Officer
37 hours weekly generally Mon-Fri. Evening and weekend work will be necessary occasionally.
- To work with the project team in/with local communities to identify areas which negatively impact on their daily living.
- To work with individuals and/or groups to provide self-help style sessions and materials
- To research, answer and provide information on a variety of general information related enquires – office, telephone, emails and through roadshows.
- To assist in the development and promotion of peer support activities.
- To create and maintain links with other organisations
- To keep up to date with other support agencies across the city and county and disseminate information to the rest of the team as necessary
Knowledge and awareness of the issues affecting disabled people and older people in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire
Ability to research what services are available to meet client’s needs and signpost appropriately.
Ability to communicate well with individuals from different communities in an empathetic manner
Must be able to work well in a team and also using own initiative when necessary.
Ability to lead discussions and presentations with local groups
Must have good IT skills in Office 2010 – Windows or equivalent.
Must have good report writing skills
Must have good organisational and office skills with the ability to set priorities and structure workload
Clean driving licence and / or access to transport
For further details and application packs please contact:
Charlotte Throssel or Kelly Pyatt on 0115 9785095
We Want your views.
We are currently looking at our future and we would be greatful if you would complete our survey, by clicking the following link.
Disability Direct, the way forward